Sunday, May 5, 2019

Harry Potter

Since it has come up, I guess its finally time for me to put my thought about this series into words.  Personally the entire culture that is solely based upon 7n books is quire remarkable.  I personally love this series and personally would dedicate aspects of my life to this series.  And So my Rant today will not be about the books themselves but how this transformed and entire generation and created an entire subculture that has theme parks dedicated to it.  when we start to talk about world builders, we can thank episodic tv series for the basis of modern day fandom and obsession.  From Fraisure to friends, to the office each cult like following has create and entire culture dedicated to a reality that doesn't exist.  DOESN'T THAT BOTHER YOU?  even though I personally am a culprit of this, I feel like this blows capitalism out of the water.  Being able to solidify an entire culture to a society that doesn't even exist is MIND BLOWING.  You and you alone can change the mind set of millions of people by a single paragraph of knowlage.  You can make millions of dollars by a single item and its scary.  Think about how our actual society works with the concept of nationalism, religion, and heritage.  ITs oddly similar and I hate thinking about it. 

End of rant

No comments:

Post a Comment