Sunday, May 5, 2019

Percy Jackson series

 I love the entire genre of High Fantasy gods ( urban fantasy) I think that it puts newer perspective of religion with a modern twist.  one of the recommended reads what American gods but honestly I much rather re read the Percy Jackson series an anything else Rick Ryorden writes because it always complex, layered and dynamic in terms of characters, writing and subject matter.  I feel as though you can fit this series into teen fantasy which I hate because I feel like its beyond that kind of stereotypical teen fantasy and I personally think that if the movies where done better it would have the cult following that harry potter has.  The series just does such a good way of explaining pubescence, mythology and friendship that thats the key reason we don't respect it a much as we do other huge series. However, I think its good for adults to be reminded of these things because sometiems going back to those things puts life into perspective, but those are just my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment